In order to assess the progress of the Rural Business Development Project (RBDP), IFAD Mission has been visiting project locations across Bosnia and Herzegovina in the period from 15-31 October 2...
FEDERAL FORESTRY DIRECTORATE
Mr. Aziz Klisura
Tel: +387 33 726 630
The Directorate performs the following tasks:
- Collecting data and keeping of database on forest status and development, including forest inventory, establishment and keeping of cadastres of forests, forest land, and forest infrastructure in public ownership
- preparation of draft Forestry Program of the Federation of BiH
- determination and monitoring of the development of forest management plans;
- providing expertise for the development of forest management plans for forest management regions and forest management units;
- drafting plan and program for the extension of biological reproduction of forests and afforestation plans and programs for karst and unwooded areas;
- establishment and keeping of register and records of facilities for production and finishing of forest seeds, and of producers of forest and decorative trees and shrubbery in the Federation of BiH;
- carrying out expert activities related to the production of forest seeds and propagating material as laid down in the provisions of the Forest Law of the Federation BiH and regulations in the field of seeds and propagating material and issuing required documentation on health status and the quality of forest seeds and propagating material;
- following up on the health status of forests, carrying out activities of reporting and forecasting service, monitoring the status and the level of forest damage;
- development of integral forest protection programs and fire protection plans;
- drafting background for forestry and hunting development programs and ensuring data required for physical plans, with the application of technical standards in the field of forestry;
- following up on economic status of forestry based on data submitted by cantonal directorates, conducting regular reporting on the prices on forest wood varieties and secondary forest products, raising awareness on the status of forests and forestry development and publishing of technical and popular publications on the status of forests and their importance;
- preparation and development of programs in the field of forestry funded or co-funded by the special-purpose fund of the Federation BiH;
- preparation and implementation of research activities and transfer of knowledge in the field of forestry and hunting;
- preparation of expert opinions for the creation and revision of forest management areas;
- preparing and providing of opinions with regard to declaration of protective forests and special-purpose forests;
- organization of seminars and provision of expertise to cantonal directorates and cantonal forest management enterprises;
- development of inter-entity cooperation in the field of forestry and hunting;
- implementation and application of international conventions and standards in the field of forestry and hunting;
- determination and implementation of anti-corruption strategy in cooperation with cantonal directorates.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry, in partnership with the USAID/Sweden FARMA II project organized the First Agri-Food Public-Private Dialogue Forum on 11th October ...
- Today I had the pleasure of discussing with my Turkish colleague the cooperation opportunities between Turkey and Bosnia and Herzegovina and the ways to improve them further. Turkey has been activel...
Minister Šemsudin Dedić met today with Mr. John Ashwort, First Secretary, and Ms. Marissa Smith, Deputy Secretary, of the Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy in BiH, accompanied by Ms. Sanela ...
In cooperation with the FARMA II Project and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of BiH, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry organized today a public consul...