In order to assess the progress of the Rural Business Development Project (RBDP), IFAD Mission has been visiting project locations across Bosnia and Herzegovina in the period from 15-31 October 2...
Water Management Division
Head of Division
Mr. Aziz Čomor
Tel: +387 33 726 650
Water Management Division carries out the following tasks:
- Preparation of strategy and water management development policies;
- Coordination of water resources monitoring activities and the preparation of information material in the field of water management;
- Carrying out the procedures of preparation and adoption of integrated water management development documents (river basin management plans, programs of measures, flood protection plans, water pollution prevention plan, plans for water emergencies, droughts and erosion and other documents according to applicable laws) and monitoring the implementation of aforesaid documents;
- Monitoring of the implementation of laws and secondary legislation and other legal documents in the field of water management, proposing of measures for the improvement of water status in the Federation of BiH, preparation of technical backgrounds for the development of laws, secondary legislation and other legal documents in the field of water management, preparation and proposing of laws and secondary legislation in the field of water management within the competence of the Federation of BiH and their implementation and monitoring of the implementation;
- Issuing of approvals upon requests submitted by parties or ex officio, deciding on appeals in administrative procedure as related to the issuing of water management or water documents and deciding on public water property (water management conditions, approvals, permits, orders) water management or water documents according to Water Law;
- Adoption of rulebooks as law implementation tools, directives, instructions and orders as binding documents and other legal documents in administrative procedure within the competence of the Division;
- Preparation and implementation of agreements within the competence of the Division;
- Supervision of the activities undertaken by water management institutions at the Federation level (water agencies) and control of legality of documents issued by cantons and these agencies in administrative procedure;
- Coordination with cantons in the field of water management;
- Other activities within the competence of the Division.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry, in partnership with the USAID/Sweden FARMA II project organized the First Agri-Food Public-Private Dialogue Forum on 11th October ...
- Today I had the pleasure of discussing with my Turkish colleague the cooperation opportunities between Turkey and Bosnia and Herzegovina and the ways to improve them further. Turkey has been activel...
Minister Šemsudin Dedić met today with Mr. John Ashwort, First Secretary, and Ms. Marissa Smith, Deputy Secretary, of the Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy in BiH, accompanied by Ms. Sanela ...
In cooperation with the FARMA II Project and the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of BiH, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry organized today a public consul...