Minister of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry Mr. Šemsudin Dedić met today with the World Bank mission team to take stock of the results achieved so far in The Irrigation Development P...
Animal Health Protection Division
Head of the Division
Mr. Marijo Vrebac
Tel: +387 33 726 660
Fax: +387 33 726 665
Animal Health Protection Division performs the following tasks:
- Animal health protection with a view to ensuring production of healthy animals, safe animal products, protection of humans against zoonoses;
- Animal welfare, monitoring of operations of veterinary practice;
- Laying down veterinary and hygienic conditions for animal keeping;
- Carrying out epidemiological studies in case of outbreak of infectious and parasitic animal diseases;
- Collecting and evaluating data on epizoological situation in the Federation of BiH, outbreak and causes for the outbreak, and movements of infectious and parasitic animal diseases and cooperation with relevant institutions;
- Development of contingency plans in case of outbreak of very dangerous infectious diseases, proposing and organizing the activities of groups in charge of applying disease prevention and eradication measures;
- Keeping of database on disease outbreak and acquiring animal health status;
- Development of annual animal disease control and monitoring program;
- Development of program of measures for detection, management, eradication and prevention of infectious and parasitic animal diseases and zoonoses in line with epizoological situation;
- Planning and proposing reserves of drugs and other animal health protection products;
- Planning and financing for the implementation of measures and control of infectious and parasitic diseases;
- Keeping of the registers of approved operators for animal breeding;
- Laying down conditions and keeping of the register of legal and natural persons for carrying out disinfection and disinfestations;
- Laying down conditions and keeping of the register of legal and natural persons within the veterinary system;
- Drafting proposals for the single nomenclature of veterinary services, reporting on veterinary operations carried out;
- Other activities within the competence of the Division.
In order to assess the progress of the Rural Business Development Project (RBDP), IFAD Mission has been visiting project locations across Bosnia and Herzegovina in the period from 15-31 October 2...
The Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry, in partnership with the USAID/Sweden FARMA II project organized the First Agri-Food Public-Private Dialogue Forum on 11th October ...
- Today I had the pleasure of discussing with my Turkish colleague the cooperation opportunities between Turkey and Bosnia and Herzegovina and the ways to improve them further. Turkey has been activel...
Minister Šemsudin Dedić met today with Mr. John Ashwort, First Secretary, and Ms. Marissa Smith, Deputy Secretary, of the Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy in BiH, accompanied by Ms. Sanela ...